Code of Conduct
RESIDENTS OF THE MYRIAD DUBAI
The Myriad Dubai may require residents to demonstrate that they are in compliance with this Code of Conduct. Failure to comply with the expectations outlined in the Code of Conduct could result in termination of your tenancy contract, expulsion from the property and legal prosecution if necessary.
- Possession, consumption, distribution or being in the presence of alcohol is prohibited. This includes all other use of alcohol in violation of UAE Law and The Myriad Dubai Code of Conduct.
- Bulk quantities, common containers, and the manufacturing of alcohol as well as games and/or devices used or intended for the rapid consumption of alcohol are prohibited.
- Violating any other policy while under the influence of alcohol is prohibited.
Personal wireless routers are prohibited in the residential facilities and sharing copyrighted materials is prohibited by law.
- Possession, use, manufacture, sale, distribution, consumption, or being in the presence of illegal drugs, controlled substances and/or medical marijuana, including paraphernalia containing controlled substances or residue of controlled substances is prohibited.
- Prescription medication may only be used by the person to whom it is prescribed for its intended purposes. Over the counter drugs may only be used in the manner in which they are intended.
- Violating any other policy while under the influence of a controlled substance is prohibited.
Disorderly & Lewd Behaviour
- Engaging in disorderly and/or lewd conduct is prohibited. This behaviour may include urination/defecation outside of designated restroom areas, invasion of another’s privacy, hanging on the edge of terraces / building and/or exposing private body parts in public.
- Residents are expected to respect the reasonable privacy of other individuals within The Myriad Dubai; thus, audio or video recording without the knowledge and consent of all participants is prohibited. In particular, the use of cameras, cell phones and video equipment in The Myriad Dubai restroom facilities and/or other areas that could be considered sensitive in nature is also prohibited.
The use of sporting equipment (e.g., skateboards, scooters, bicycles, rollerblades, etc.) is prohibited in residential facilities, including interior and exterior walkways. Throwing and/or kicking objects or engaging in any other behaviour that interferes with, or prohibits, reasonable use of the space by others is also prohibited.
- Shirts and shoes (slippers are permitted) are required for entrance and use of The Myriad Dubai dining locations.
- All residents should dress modestly, particularly in conservative areas and public places.
- Clothing should not be transparent, indecently expose parts of the body or display offensive pictures or slogans.
- Both men and women might feel more comfortable wearing loose-fitting clothes that cover shoulders, arms and legs.
- When visiting a mosque, women will be asked to respect the Muslim tradition by wearing an abaya and covering their heads.
- Any form of nudity is strictly forbidden; including ladies topless sunbathing. Swimwear should not be worn in any other area outside the swimming pools.
- Emiratis dress conservatively in traditional dress and can be offended when people dress inappropriately or not in accordance with Islamic values.
Failure to Comply
- Resisting or interfering with the directives of a The Myriad Dubai staff member acting within the scope of their duties, such as failure to open room doors or produce identification is prohibited.
- Failure to comply with the terms of sanctions imposed as a result of conduct action is a further violation of policy.
- Failure to respond to a The Myriad Dubai staff member’s reasonable request for meeting or information, when that staff member is acting within the scope of their duties, is prohibited.
Furnishing False Information
Providing false and/or dishonest information for reasons such as gaining unauthorised entry into a residential facility, a sponsored event, or to access restricted equipment is prohibited.
Gender Restricted Access
Under no circumstances should the female only designated areas be accessed by male residents or outside parties; and vice versa.
Gambling - in any way, shape or form - is prohibited in the UAE.
Visitors of the Property
Guest to Resident
Guests are prohibited in resident rooms.
Residents may entertain guests during office hours, from 8 am to 11 pm, in communal areas. Residents are responsible for the behaviour of their guests and visitors and should not be left unattended by resident. Guests must follow resident guidelines. Guests are not allowed in the resident accommodation between 11 pm to 8 am. All guests must be signed in and out in at reception. Any misconduct will be subjected to disciplinary action.
All other guests / attendees of events must be signed in and out at reception and will be given a guest tag. Emirates ID / passport will be kept at reception until departure. The guest tag must be returned to reception upon departure.
Animal / Pet Guidelines
Residents are not permitted to house pets / animals in any part of the residential complex. Violation of this rule may result in disciplinary action.
- Disrupting quiet hours, defined as the time between 11pm and 8am, Sunday-Thursday and between 1am and 10am, Friday-Saturday, with unreasonable noise is prohibited in all residential facilities, courtyards and surrounding areas. Unreasonable noise is any noise that disrupts or potentially disrupts the lives of residents or neighbouring community members.
- Disrupting courtesy hours, which are in effect 24 hours, 7 days a week and which can be broken by any unreasonable noise that disrupts or potentially disrupts the sleep or studying of other residents at any time is prohibited.
- Use of amplified sound, which may include subwoofers and musical instruments, in outdoor areas without permission of a residential staff member is prohibited.
Physical / Sexual Harassment & Abuse
- Physical / sexual abuse or harassment of another resident or person is prohibited on the grounds of race, religion or disability or any other action which may became a nuisance or annoyance. This may include physical / sexual assault and threatened or completed actions resulting in physical / sexual or emotional harm.
- Physical / sexual abuse or harassment of staff is prohibited. This may include physical interference with a staff member’s ability to participate fully in the residential community or to perform their duties, physical assault and threatened or completed actions resulting in physical or emotional harm.
Removal of Dining Resources
Removal of utensils, dishes, cups, trays or any food or beverage is considered theft and is prohibited.
Smoking & Tobacco Products
- Smoking of any kind is not permitted within non-designated smoking areas of The Myriad Dubai or within properties owned or leased (e.g., courtyards, parking lots, terraces, swimming pool areas, etc.) by The Myriad Dubai. This prohibition is inclusive of the use of all tobacco products, including cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, electronic cigarettes, shishas, and vaporisers.
- Violating any other policy while smoking or using other tobacco products is prohibited.
- Smoking will only be permitted in designated smoking areas (including shisha).
Theft & Unauthorised Use
- Theft, unauthorised use, or possession of any property when the resident had knowledge or reasonably should have had knowledge that it was personal or The Myriad Dubai property, equipment and/or resources is prohibited. This includes removal of equipment/furniture from and sleeping overnight in common areas, and being in possession of any other property.
- Use of any resource (e.g. common areas, The Myriad logo, etc.) for a for-profit activity is prohibited unless as part of a sponsored event arranged by The Myriad Dubai.
Threat to Health & Safety
- Participation in activities or disturbances that threaten the health and safety of yourself or others is prohibited.
- Inability to exercise care for one’s own safety due to consumption of alcohol or other controlled substances is prohibited. This includes need for medical attention, inability to function without assistance, unconsciousness, incoherent or disoriented behaviour and loss of control of bodily functions.
Throwing, purposefully dropping or projecting any object or substance from, into, or within any residential facility is prohibited.
Trespass & Restricted Access
- Entrance to any private room or normally locked building/common area without following security procedures or obtaining appropriate permission from a residential staff member or other approved The Myriad Dubai staff, is prohibited. This includes failing to show proper identification at designated security booths.
- Accessing known or marked restricted areas is prohibited. This includes roof access doors, rooftops, ledges, seismic bracing, fire escapes, construction areas, and any other area or space that a residential staff member declares to be restricted.
- Entrance to or exit from a residential building through a window or emergency exit door during non-emergency situations is prohibited.
- Verbal or written statements that intimidate, harass, coerce or threaten others or their property are prohibited. This includes images, all modes of electronic communication, and social media.
- Verbal or written statements that intimidate, harass, coerce or threaten a staff member or their property are prohibited; this includes verbal or written statements that may prevent or interfere with a staff member’s ability to perform their work. This includes images, all modes of electronic communication, and social media.
Weapons & Dangerous Instruments
Possession of weapons, firearms (with or without a permit), tasers, knives with a blade over 2.5 inches in length, dangerous instruments or any other weapon prohibited by law, within all residential facilities is prohibited. This includes use or possession of sporting items such as BB guns, paintball guns and archery equipment. Also included are similar items used for decorative purposes and items rendered inoperable.
- Misuse or interference with fire safety equipment such as smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, sprinklers, door closures, safety lights or exit signs is prohibited.
- Residents are required to pay a reasonable sum required by the relevant emergency service to cover any costs incurred by The Myriad Dubai for setting off fire alarm without due cause (even if accidentally) resulting in the attendance of emergency fire services or the evacuation of any buildings.
- Failure to evacuate immediately when an emergency alarm sounds and/or disregarding evacuation procedures is prohibited.
- Attend the fire training session arranged by The Myriad Dubai.
- Use or possession of explosives, flammable substances or any object that creates an open flame is prohibited. Examples include firecrackers, gasoline, lighter fluid, candles, incense, shishas, cookers and flame starters.
- Blocking indoor or outdoor stairwells, corridors, pedestrian paths or balconies with bicycles, mopeds or any personal item is prohibited. Examples include locking bicycles to railings, leaving shoes, umbrellas or other objects in the hallway or parking mopeds on walkways.
- Use or possession of appliances that produce heat or flame are prohibited outside of designated kitchen spaces.
- Use or possession of cookouts and BBQs is not permitted in residential facilities without approval from a residential staff member. BBQs to take place in designated BBQ areas only.
- Residents are not permitted to overextend the power points available in their rooms or other parts of the residences by the multiple use of sockets.
Common Areas / Space
Residents understand that common areas are shared facilities such as lounges, swimming pools, cinema rooms, gym, game rooms, study rooms, kitchen lounges, canteen area, laundry rooms, courtyard and other recreational facilities are provided in The Myriad Dubai which can be used by the residents during designated hours.
Furniture & Appliances
- Furniture provided by The Myriad Dubai, including mattresses, may not be removed from residential rooms without written permission from the Community Manager. Mattresses must be kept on the provided bed frame and furniture may not be stacked or assembled atop bricks, bookcases, or other structures not originally designed to support it.
- Any unapproved appliances are not permitted in rooms or any residential facilities, including microwaves, kettles, TVs, hot plates, irons, etc.
- Residents who damage the circuitry by overloading it may be responsible for the cost to restore the system.
- If use of a device frequently causes power to trip off, or if its power cord or the outlet feels hot, residents must discontinue the use of the appliance and inform the Resident Support Team.
Room furniture modifications are prohibited because of fire safety regulations.
Room Decoration / Wall
- Only appropriate photos, posters, calendars, and other wall decoration are permitted and only as long as these items are hung away from sources of heat, including light fittings, and are fire-resistant and non-combustible.
- Only approved adhesives can be used to hang these items. The use of adhesives that leave marks on the wall will result in a charge to the resident to cover the expense of re-painting the entire wall.
- Residents will not be permitted to use nails or screws in the walls and doors. If they require any assistance in relation to decorative items, they may contact the Resident Support Team.
- No decorations may be placed in the hallways, aisles, stairwells, or exit routes. No items maybe hung from the ceiling.
- Minimal decorations may be attached to the room doors.
- Exit signs, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire alarm pulls, emergency lights and audible fire signals/strobe lights may not be decorated, covered or obstructed in any way.
- Light bulbs may not be painted, wrapped, or covered.
- Do not alter, damage or attempt to repair the structure or the decorative finish of the room.
- Do not cause or permit any damage to any part of the property.
- Do not put anything harmful, sanitary products, or anything which is likely to cause blockages in any pipes or drains.
Painting & Wallpapering
- Residents may not paint or wallpaper the walls of their room.
- Residents who paint or wallpaper the walls of their room will be charged the cost of restoring the room to its original state.
- Residents may not make personal attempts to restore the room to its original state, nor arrange for this to be done by a third party.
- Residents may request their room to be repainted. The room will be inspected to determine the need for repainting before a decision is made to grant the request.
- Possession, duplication or misuse of The Myriad Dubai issued keys and key cards, including loaning keys to any other person, is prohibited.
- Do not mark or label any keys. If you lose your keys, report the loss to The Myriad Dubai immediately.
Motorised vehicles, including scooters, motorcycles, mopeds, hoverboards, smart boards and balancing boards may not be operated, charged or stored within residential facilities without written permission from the Community Manager. If you wish to keep any of the aforementioned items a form is to be filled in and an allocated parking/storage space is to be assigned.
- Tampering with or removing windows, window security screens, or window stops is prohibited.
- Tampering with doors, or interfering with door locks, hinges or closures is prohibited.
- Tampering, interfering with or manipulating the elevators and related machinery in any residential facility is prohibited. Examples include removing button plates, pulling open or close doors, touching wiring or lighting, jumping up and down in the carriage and pushing the alarm bell unnecessarily.
Residents are not permitted to store personal items outside of assigned residential spaces, including common areas, lounges, balconies, and restrooms. This prohibition is inclusive of the storage of bicycles. Bicycles may only be stored in designated bike storage areas.
Vandalism & Damage
- Removing, defacing, damaging or destroying The Myriad Dubai property or the property of others, including, breaking windows and doors, furniture, OS&E, drawing on walls or bulletin boards and disposing of trash outside of appropriate receptacles is prohibited.
- The Myriad Dubai will pass on costs to the resident(s) if items have been damaged by resident(s) and have to be repaired or replaced.
- The charges may include the cost of disposal, delivery, administration, and other associated costs of remedying the damage. Charges are made at a commercial rate.
- The basis of charging is that there should be no adverse financial consequences for The Myriad Dubai in repairing damage caused by a resident and that the property will not make a profit out of repair charges.
- Residents who damage property will be informed by email about any charges made by the management team.
- Residents are given ten working days to dispute any charges, after which the amount will be confirmed as debited.
- If a resident has received a charge for damage or additional charges in his/her room and does not agree with the charge or does not believe they are responsible for it, they are entitled to view the evidence and make a case in writing to the Community Manager to appeal the damage cost.
Residents must respect and abide by regulations to keep their premises clean and healthy with reasonable use of water, electricity, air conditioning and heating systems.